Wednesday, March 28, 2007

It's Been Awhile



I can't remember the last time I journaled, or really even thought about something worthy enough to put on the world wide web. Life has been horribly hectic as always, and that makes enjoying life even more difficult. We are moved. There are only a few boxes left, mostly things that we don't need to live. Hannah has made friends, so far her life is nothing short of perfect. Khai rides his bike and makes his own make believe games. I think he enjoys it. I go home to see Maw and Paw everyday. I still miss them so much. When I talk to my grandmaw, she really listens, she always has. I love her and my grandfather so much. We are finished with state testing. The students seemed quiet confident, so I am eager to see the results.
My dear husband definitely enjoys living in the "city", his trips home are evidence of his enjoyment.
I did celebrate another birthday-thirty something. I passed on the whole opportunity to reflect and make sure I am where I want to be and all of that stuff. I figured it would probably send me into a mid-life crisis, so I just didn't do it. I thought it would be better if I was just thankful to be alive, and pretty healthy, with a healthy family, and to feel loved. As the day ended, I felt so loved, from family, friends, coworkers. Then I decided, life is good.
As I look back on all of the posts I have written, I realized that I hadn't mentioned much about my mom or posted her pic too many times. I think she is beautiful. I love her. We have finally reached a place in our life where we can talk calmly and connect. It is the most wonderful experience. My children adore her. She adores them. That is a wondrous blessing. We talk now. She asks me for honesty. I give it. She doesn't get offended. I say things that disagree with her thoughts but she doesn't get angry with me. I try really hard to respect her choices, even if I disagree with them, and try to be encouraging. She gives me support, and correction with direction when appropriate, but she never stops loving me. I guess it is the unconditional love thing, something I have looked for my whole life-I imagine most people do. She really is amazing. I just hope she understands what she means to me. She is MY mom, and that is the best feeling in the world.

No comments: