Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Do you believe in miracles?


Morning Sunrise
Originally uploaded by
rogenadel.
It has been a couple of days since my last post. Mostly I look for pictures to go with my message. If I can't find a picture, then I save the message.
We had a friend get into a hunting accident about a week and a half ago. The guy was shot in the back of the head with a 22 by a very close friend of ours, which is also the young man's cousin. He made it to the hospital, through surgery, and has been critical for the past week. A couple of days ago he finally opened his eyes and has begun responding, by shaking his head, to his family. It surely is a miracle right before our eyes. The bullet entered the back of his head right above the hole in a baseball cap and went through his head stopping behind his nasal cavity. He lost alot of blood. But he is ALIVE and RESPONDING. The amount of prayers really seemed endless. I spoke to my cousin on Sunday, told her what had happened, asked her to please pray. She said she prayed for the young man and his family. She went to church. In the middle of church service, the pastor stopped and told them to think about everything they had done this morning. She said she thought about talking to me and praying again for the young man and his family. She prayed again. And today he is awake, his eyes are open, and he is responding. I know my cousin was not the only person praying for him. I know there has to be hundreds of people praying for him. It is just such a confirmation of God's power in this world. How could anyone doubt his power? We know that everything that happens in a life is already predetermined, God knows it all already. For such a tragedy to happen to such a wonderful young man, there must be something powerful to come out of this. I am eager to see what God has in store for this young man and his family. May everyone of them be blessed beyond belief.
On a different note, a very big CONGRATULATIONS to B & B on the birth of your baby boy! He is a handsome fella. We had two very close friends give birth to their babies exactly two weeks apart. The funniest thing is that the fathers grew up as best friends and now they have two little guys the same age. The newest baby is a cutie, blond peach fuzz, dimple in his chin like his dad, chubby cheeks, blue eyes, and strong. He is precious. Hats off to his mom for doing such an awesome job! I remember praying so many times for you to be blessed with a baby and to think now God has blessed you with two! WOW.
I am still battling the insomnia problem. Normal sleep seems like such a joke. After staying up for so long, I am scared to go to sleep because I know I will over sleep, be late for work, be tired all day and only thing about coming home to go and take a nap. Does the cycle ever end?

No comments: