Thursday, January 11, 2007

My Grandfather, My Son


DSC01268
Originally uploaded by rogenadel.
Today, Thursday, one day closer to Friday and over the hump. My body craves sleep. No matter the day or situation, I can't seem to get enough. So tired. And then the sleep is disturbed with dreams, never ending dreams. Thoughts, deep thoughts, long ago thoughts. Thoughts I may never consider during my waking hours, but thoughts that visit me in my dreams. Every night I dream, like a never ending storybook, sometimes good but more often not. Maybe an afternoon nap will make tonight's story better.
My grandfather and my son. A picture from a few years back. K seems to have come out of some kind of shell the last couple of days. He is very vocal, as opposed to before. He is listening intently with his ears and commenting on everything people say. He is very observant, playing alot of make believe with his toys, and being very creative. I am surprised and a bit taken aback as this is a little out of character for him but unbelievably interested to see how this will lead to the adult he will become. My grandfather, a shell of the man he once was. I adore him.

No comments: